About My Blog.

Welcome! This is "Catatonic Digressions."
Most readers don't understand my blog's title. It's an old inside joke from a forum long gone. I was going to change it, but since it's been "confusing" for so long, I decided to leave it. Don't worry about what it means, the content of the blog is what matters...or not

Unfortunately, my blog isn't what I set out for it to be. A sick woman in Orleans, MA began stalking me in 2007 on Myspace. Since that time, this woman obsessed over me to the point of having the police come to her home and threaten to confiscate her laptop. She is a racist and anti-Semite.I could no longer blog freely, knowing this nutbag was just going to take the photos I'd post and put them on a child exploitation website.

This site is only up for the information it has that others might need to know about. That information is about "Seal Shepherd" aka Michael McDade, Kat McAboy aka Marilyn McAboy and Veronika Hompo, a self-proclaimed Nazi.


I'm a real person. I'm real and I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. After years of putting up with online abuse by manipulative, pathological liars, attention whores or narcissists, I've had it. Don't bother me with pathetic drama. I have no time for these types of people and their need to absorb others' time and attention.

This blog is no longer used. I've retired it for the most part unless something very important comes up.

Please, join Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, and follow them on Twitter and Facebook.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Oh Hanukkat, oh Hanukkat!

New York Daily Photo: Lost and Found

On the last night of Chanukah, which I meant to put my menorah back up for and forgot, I logged on to read a few of the blogs I follow — skim rather, when there's barely any time — and this photo popped off my "Blogs I'm Following" on my Dashboard.

Photo ©BRIAN DUBÉ


If you love New York, this blogger is a can't miss. As stated on his blog:
"PUBLISHING SCHEDULE: NEW POSTINGS ARE MADE WEEKDAYS. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO PERUSE THE 1000+ POSTINGS SINCE THE START OF THIS SITE ON MARCH 17, 2006 - SEE THE ARCHIVES ON THE RIGHT SIDEBAR - OR SEARCH FOR A TOPIC OF INTEREST USING THE SEARCH TOOL."
You can get lost in the images and stories. Take a look when you have some free time.

I remembered I really couldn't put the menorah back up anyway. Harry had broken a bulb the first night, and to top things off, one of the holders on the very end was wobbly. It's plastic. You can't go with much more with a toddler. Ah, the story; I wanted to post it here for the lazy:



I will never know for sure why this ceramic cat was perched so carefully on a sidewalk curbstone. Many may ask, why do I care? Initially its bright colors made it jump out on a bleak winter day, so unexpected. However, what really piqued my interest was that its placement there was so obviously deliberate - there had to be some original intention. Was it an artistic statement, a discarded possession or some act of rebellion? And since this occurred in New York City, such an occurrence also had a huge element of vulnerability - an object will only remain like this for a short time and to witness it is a privilege with a very small window of opportunity. See my posting here - Small Gestures.
Am I making too much of such a small thing? Perhaps, but the devil is in the details and often, things like this can say a lot and also take one in unknown directions. I have an idea as to why this was there and it an idea one I want to believe.
When I was in Paris once, strolling with a friend, we noticed a glove on a window ledge. And in the same way as this cat, it was obviously placed there deliberately - it was hard to imagine it could have gotten there by accident. We also had the sense that it was intentionally undisturbed. These things were so curious that we indulged in conversation about it for some time and concluded that this glove was lost and was left there for its original owner to be found.
Speaking to others, we subsequently learned that we were correct and that this was a common practice in Paris. In all likelihood, the owner of an item will pass the same way again and find his or her lost personal belonging. We were so elated to learn that this small act of humanity had become common practice. How wonderful to learn of a variant on lost and found that required both the honesty and thoughtfulness of many by the thousands of passersby who participate in this act. 
Perhaps this explains the mystery behind the cat. For me, however, there is a greater gift than finding a lost possession. Like many New Yorkers who have become untrusting and cynical through years of living here, I have lost faith in the goodness of people. But I found it again in these acts of kindness ...

Related Posting: Small Gestures.

No comments:

Post a Comment