About My Blog.

Welcome! This is "Catatonic Digressions."
Most readers don't understand my blog's title. It's an old inside joke from a forum long gone. I was going to change it, but since it's been "confusing" for so long, I decided to leave it. Don't worry about what it means, the content of the blog is what matters...or not

Unfortunately, my blog isn't what I set out for it to be. A sick woman in Orleans, MA began stalking me in 2007 on Myspace. Since that time, this woman obsessed over me to the point of having the police come to her home and threaten to confiscate her laptop. She is a racist and anti-Semite.I could no longer blog freely, knowing this nutbag was just going to take the photos I'd post and put them on a child exploitation website.

This site is only up for the information it has that others might need to know about. That information is about "Seal Shepherd" aka Michael McDade, Kat McAboy aka Marilyn McAboy and Veronika Hompo, a self-proclaimed Nazi.


I'm a real person. I'm real and I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. After years of putting up with online abuse by manipulative, pathological liars, attention whores or narcissists, I've had it. Don't bother me with pathetic drama. I have no time for these types of people and their need to absorb others' time and attention.

This blog is no longer used. I've retired it for the most part unless something very important comes up.

Please, join Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, and follow them on Twitter and Facebook.

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Pathological Liars Believe in the Lies

Pathological Liars Believe in the Lies

There is a reason why you are asked in court to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It is because most of the time that is not what people do. Everyone lies sometime. There are many reasons to lie. Sometimes it is to not hurt someone's feelings. Sometimes a lie is for our own advantage. Some people lie in conducting business and in their personal lives. Most adults are aware of when they lie.

Young children sometimes have problems telling fantasy from reality. When a 3-year-old insists that he flew to Mars this morning, he may not be lying on purpose. He may not even be aware that it is a lie. Children with good imaginations often take longer to learn what a lie really is. It is important to work with children to teach them about fantasy and reality, instead of punishing them for these kinds of beliefs.

A pathological liar believes in the lies, at least at the time that she or he is talking. Their stories tend to be very dramatic. They often portray the person as being smarter, braver, more attractive, or more interesting than she or he really is. Sometimes people begin to catch onto pathological liars because of obvious flaws in the stories.

A fairly young man will describe his heroics in the Vietnam war. A homely woman will talk about all the men who fell instantly in love with her. Sometimes the flaws may be more subtle and it may take a knowledgeable person to find them. Often it happens that a pathological liar will be caught out at a party by someone who really was a pilot, really lived in Africa, or really was a fashion model.

Suspect a pathological liar if:
  • the stories seem too dramatic or unrealistic
  • the lies seem to serve no purpose except to impress people or
  • the lies can easily be shown up

Sometimes pathological lying appears to be related to physical causes, such as problems in the brain. Other times they appear to be related to low self-esteem. In any case, good diagnosis and treatment is needed.

RED FLAGS
Turvey adds: “Con artists look for people who have low self-esteem and exploit that. They are parasitic and live off of others’ goodwill.”

But there are signs to look out for. “Con artists and other psychopaths spend a lot of time talking about themselves in a self-aggrandizing fashion - bragging about their larger-than-life accomplishments and grand schemes, which are often completely fabricated,” Turvey notes. “Also, watch out for people who constantly need to borrow money - they always have a sob story, or they’ve ‘forgotten/ lost their wallets.’
“Another sign is someone who is amused by cruelty. If they laugh at others’ suffering - not a nervous laugh, but genuine laughter at someone’s pain,” that’s a sign that you’ve got a psychopath on your hands, Turvey says.

Despite the grandiose boasting, Caldwell notes, pathological liars tend to ask and know more intimate and personal details about your life than you do about theirs. Before you plunge too deeply into a relationship, think about what you really know about the person. Is there hard evidence to back up the information? More than just 'their word'?

SOURCE #2

This comment is from SOURCE #2:
Liar Liar said...

Ok, I am going to be very honest for once in my life. I am a pathological liar. You must understand, I am not evil. Well, maybe, but not intentionaly at all. I have never felt guilt, or loss. I laughed when my uncle and step father died, even though I know that I should have been crying. I can believe my own lies, while still knowing the truth. Example: I grew up in a suburbia. I lied and said that I grew up in the ghetto. My mind then creates a picture of the ghetto, with blood, drugs, gangs, even the names of made up people. The picture of that memory is brought back up as soon as I hear the voice of the person that I told that lie to. Its very complitcated and calculated. I used to lie every couple of minutes, about the smallest of things. To family, friends, and to strangers as well. When I was out of junior high (yes, I am that young) I realized the damage that I was doing. I did not feel guilty, but I knew that I would have to do something to stop all of this. I stopped talking to everybody, unless it was absolutely needed. I have been doing this for awhile now, and it is working very very well. I only talk to my 2 friends, both of which are pathological liars and are doing the same thing as me. And though I still never feel guilt, loss, and even no feelings of bond and love towards my own family, most of my lying problems are gone now. (the therapy doesnt work at all, I lied to the therapist and she couldnt tell) So, to a point pathological lying can be fixed, but never cured.


                      

No comments:

Post a Comment