About My Blog.

Welcome! This is "Catatonic Digressions."
Most, if not all readers don't understand my blog's title. It's an old inside joke from a forum long gone. I was going to change it, but since it's been "confusing" for so long, I decided to leave it. Don't worry about what it means, the content of the blog is what is important.

Unfortunately, my blog isn't what I set out for it to be. A disturbed and manic online stalker and cyberbully has made it impossible for me to post about family, my son, life in my part of New York...so I stopped (for the most part), and I mostly reblog and repost what I feel is important, necessary or close to my heart. As for the stalking sociopath, she can go to hell for harassing me and my family since mid-2008. You can't scare me offline with a few lame threats and dozens of pages of defamation, abuse, depravity and libel. I'm bitchy like that. ;)
(Anyone who knows me knows I'm not actually a bitch, but let's allow this psychopath to think I'm a bitch to her blackened heart's content—it seems to make her feel she has some sort of control over me…and it does not.)

If you read a story and you feel moved in any way, comment. Comments are more than welcome.

Unlike those online who lie and hide behind fake photos and insanely fabricated stories, I'm a real person. I'm real and I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. After years of putting up with online abuse by manipulative, pathological liars, attention whores or narcissists, I've had it. Don't bother me with pathetic drama. I have no time for these types of people and their need to absorb others' time and attention.

Feel free to email me if you have a story or cause you would like shared, especially if it pertains to animal rights, liberation, veganism, animal welfare, health and well-being, geekery, Macs and computer dorkiness, music, lowbrow art, kitchy stuff, skateboards, the beach, swimming, diving, NYC, beading (it's my hobby), recipes (love to cook, especially if I made the recipe up myself!), VEGAN!, ALF, Sea Shepherd, Action for Animals, NIO, 269Life and/or anything you think I might enjoy or others might—you never know. It doesn't always have to be serious. Hilarious stories, local NY, funny videos or photos, photobombs (especially if they contain pets!)...I might be partially censored, but I'm not closed down!

Please, join Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, and follow them and The Barbi Twins on Twitter and Facebook.

For the Oceans,
Suzanne

Friday, August 27, 2010

White Post Farms — 8.26.2010

White Post Farms is a great place to go to with your little ones. I've been taking my son since he was two, and he LOVES the animals. Hey, I love the animals! We pack our own drinks and lunch and head out to Melville, NY. It's really quite close to Nassau County and Queens, so don't let "Melville" keep you from going. It's two seconds, literally, off the L.I.E., but I take shortcuts via Hempstead Turnpike and Bethpage State Parkway, or Hempstead Turnpike and then a cross-over north to... oh, you get it ;) It's easy.

It's an enjoyable place to go to for even a couple of hours if not a whole day. They have plenty of animals and activities. The reason I bring my own food is because the food is a bit pricey there and a deli counter really doesn't cut it for me and my son, but the produce is fabulous and locally grown. I think some of it is grown right there at their farm. They have some home baked breads and pies, but we passed on them for fresh sweet corn and organic snacks for Harry's school lunch pack.



Taking your child to a farm is a great way to teach your child kindness towards animals. It shows your child that animals are not just things, but living beings that have feelings like they do. Kids can see that they are happy or feel grumpy, get excited, bossy or pushy, and they see the animals being loving, as my son saw when we watched the piglets with their mom and the mother goat with her kids. Harry even thinks he heard some animals laugh. Hey, you never know.

Teaching children to respect animals from an early age is one of the greatest things you can do for your child. Once they respect their family and peer, and then animals, you have a little one who has already learned kindness, caring and feelings towards others — and not just other humans. Hopefully they will then teach this to their friends. Children need to know that animals have feelings, and it's not just their dogs or cats, but all animals.














No comments:

Post a Comment