About My Blog.

Welcome! This is "Catatonic Digressions."
Most readers don't understand my blog's title. It's an old inside joke from a forum long gone. I was going to change it, but since it's been "confusing" for so long, I decided to leave it. Don't worry about what it means, the content of the blog is what matters...or not

Unfortunately, my blog isn't what I set out for it to be. A sick woman in Orleans, MA began stalking me in 2007 on Myspace. Since that time, this woman obsessed over me to the point of having the police come to her home and threaten to confiscate her laptop. She is a racist and anti-Semite.I could no longer blog freely, knowing this nutbag was just going to take the photos I'd post and put them on a child exploitation website.

This site is only up for the information it has that others might need to know about. That information is about "Seal Shepherd" aka Michael McDade, Kat McAboy aka Marilyn McAboy and Veronika Hompo, a self-proclaimed Nazi.


I'm a real person. I'm real and I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. After years of putting up with online abuse by manipulative, pathological liars, attention whores or narcissists, I've had it. Don't bother me with pathetic drama. I have no time for these types of people and their need to absorb others' time and attention.

This blog is no longer used. I've retired it for the most part unless something very important comes up.

Please, join Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, and follow them on Twitter and Facebook.

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Robin Quivers continues her vegan cooking journey on 'Vegucating Robin'




Robin Quivers has been the news anchor on The Howard Stern Show since the very early 80's and despite the usual content on the show, Robin apparently has functioning brain cells along with concern for her own well-being and some humility with a great sense of humor.

According to the website, Robin adopted a plant-based diet in 2007 and unlike the rest of us know-it-alls, took to creating a web show where she learns how to cook vegan. The latest installment, Episode 8: The Vegan Meat of Vegans, is similar to every other episode where the audience is treated to a simple vegan recipe along with Robin and her co-host, Gavan Murphy, drinking red wine and being silly.

I can't say how serious Robin is about living a vegan lifestyle. I don't know if she wears leather or wool, or if she frequents zoos or rodeos and for me, vegan isn't just about what I will or won't eat. What I can appreciate about Robin and her show is that she's using her "celebrity" status to reach out to people in a voice that says, "I admit, I have no idea what I'm doing so I've asked for help." This sentiment could easily be what stands in people's way when it comes to eliminating animal suffering specifically from their diets.

There's no Oscar nomination here, but what she's doing is fun, silly, and most importantly informative. It's wonderful that someone so well known can reach out to an audience and say, "I have no idea what I'm doing but this is important. Let's figure it out together."

Ryan Leitch 
Ryan is an Abolitionist Vegan Activist and her passion for all things vegan consumes her. Animals are here with us, not for us. Her favorite outreach activities include writing and blogging, hosting movie screenings, tabling and leafletting, demonstrations, potlucks, and Vegan Drinks. You can also find Ryan at Vegan Minneapolis.

Photo credit: Screen capture episode 2 Vegucating Robin

1 comment: