About My Blog.

Welcome! This is "Catatonic Digressions."
Most readers don't understand my blog's title. It's an old inside joke from a forum long gone. I was going to change it, but since it's been "confusing" for so long, I decided to leave it. Don't worry about what it means, the content of the blog is what matters...or not

Unfortunately, my blog isn't what I set out for it to be. A sick woman in Orleans, MA began stalking me in 2007 on Myspace. Since that time, this woman obsessed over me to the point of having the police come to her home and threaten to confiscate her laptop. She is a racist and anti-Semite.I could no longer blog freely, knowing this nutbag was just going to take the photos I'd post and put them on a child exploitation website.

This site is only up for the information it has that others might need to know about. That information is about "Seal Shepherd" aka Michael McDade, Kat McAboy aka Marilyn McAboy and Veronika Hompo, a self-proclaimed Nazi.


I'm a real person. I'm real and I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. After years of putting up with online abuse by manipulative, pathological liars, attention whores or narcissists, I've had it. Don't bother me with pathetic drama. I have no time for these types of people and their need to absorb others' time and attention.

This blog is no longer used. I've retired it for the most part unless something very important comes up.

Please, join Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, and follow them on Twitter and Facebook.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Photo: Rainbow state

PHOTO OF THE DAY

Photo: Rainbow state



The Empire State Building, already decked out in its rainbow finest this weekend for the annual Gay Pride events, became a Twitter sensation overnight as this (undated, but not recent) photo went viral in celebration of New York's passage of a bill legalizing same-sex marriage.
If you have some of the same Facebook friends I do, your news feed looked something like this at midnight: “New York!!” “NY, ya did good!” “Good job, NY” as if the state were a big, slow dog that had finally sauntered out from under the tree where it had been dozing and started to run. Yes, the state Senate finally ushered in a new era of equality, civil rights and really fun parties late last night by approving a bill to legalize same-sex marriage.
The Republican-dominated Senate approved the bill 33-29, following on the heels of the Assembly, which OK’d the bill last week. Gov. Andrew Cuomo had made the law his personal mission for months, rallying the Democratic senators around the cause and orchestrating the efforts of several gay rights advocacy groups. All but one Democratic senator supported the bill, while four Republicans backed it. Two years ago, the Democrat-controlled Senate resoundingly defeated a similar measure.
New York is the largest state to approve same-sex marriage, joining five others — Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont, plus the District of Columbia. A majority of states have an explicit ban, whether by statute or constitutional amendment, on same-sex marriage or civil unions.
Among those not happy about the decision were the Roman Catholic bishops of New York, who worried that “both marriage and the family will be undermined by this tragic presumption of government.”
The law goes into effect July 24, which means I’d better start working on fitting into that Catherine Malandrino dress. It could be a festive fall.

From PBS.org

No comments:

Post a Comment